With less than a year to go, I am only around 1/4 of the the way through my 101 things in 1001 days goals. I was pretty stupid when I started as I made some of my goals to do/make 3, 5, 10 or even 101 of something, so they aren’t as easy to complete – they take time. Some of my goals I knew would not be completed right away and are only now this year even possible, e.g. finding a teaching job.
So with a large list of goals and an ever decreasing amount of time to complete them, I need to get my butt into gear this year.
I have decided that the only way is to be more intentional with which goals I will work towards each month. It works out that I will need to be completing 5-6 goals each month in order to have them all done so I will be choosing a number of goals each month to focus on. Some times the goals I choose won’t be completed and other goals will but slowly they will start to get crossed off so by February 2016 I will have completed them all.
I started this in January using the “I choose…” method and seems to be working out so far.
In March 2015, I choose to …
- Work on C25K running program
- Complete a Photo-a-day
- Read 5 books
- Finish green quilt
- Back up photos onto harddrive and Flickr
- Finish girls crochet Xmas presents
Here is how I went in February and January
In February 2015, I choose to
- Finish and order a photo book for my MeTAV album DONE
- Complete and document a “Day in the Life” DONE
- Read 5 books X
- Cross out 2 food related goals – DONE recipe binder update and make 10 recipes from recipe books
In January 2015, I choose to
- Cook 3 new recipes from my cookbooks DONE
- Learn to crochet DONE
- Read 5 books X 4
- Find teaching job DONE
- Finish green quilt X